This article is the first in a series of articles on Clustering Windows Server 2012. This first article covers the basics first steps of any cluster, regardless of whether you are clustering Hyper-V, SQL Server Failover Clusters, File Servers, iSCSI Target Server or others. Future articles will cover more detailed instructions for each cluster resource type, but the following information is applicable to ALL clusters. I’m assuming you know a little bit about clusters and why you would want to build one, so I won’t go into those details in this particular post. I also assume you are familiar with Windows Server 2012 and basic things like DNS, AD, etc. It is also worth noting that in Windows Server 2012 failover clustering comes with every edition, unlike Windows Server 2008 R2 and earlier where failover clustering was only included in Enterprise Edition and above. This particular series will focus on a basic 2-node cluster, where we have two servers (named PRIMARY and SECONDARY) r...
Comments